Faire une Pause - Timeout - Rehat

The blog contains mainly my reading activity, -- in broader sense, it includes watching film for example -- experience and my personal appreciation on what I read. Basically, I will read books in one of the three (so far) languages: Indonesian, English, French, then I will write the comment on other language than the text I read, at least I'll try to do so.

o

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Mars, demandez le programme

March. As usual I will start with an event in the literature universe. March is the month where Nancy, a black servant working for Temple Drake in Requiem for a nun was hung in Yoknapatawpha County.

It was a little bit disorder last month. Only two novels of five planned were finally read. Fuir, Les amants de spoutnik, and La Métamorphose were not planned at the beginning of the month. That made Les Miserables, Saturday, Trois jours chez ma mére, not to mention Plot against america remained untouched.

Well, hopefully I plan better for March. OK, here they are. The priority will go to Les Miserables and Saturday. I have to finish them this month. A small novel may interrupt them though, Moderato Cantabile of Marguerite Duras or (it is not a novel, it is a letter) Lettre au père of Kafka. Then, I have to finish Trois jours chez ma mère of François Weyergans. To be honest, Ravel of Jean Echenoz might come before Trois jours chez ma mère.

Well, that's already six. Maybe there will be another book to be read. I think of The Kite Runner, Kafka sur le rivage (Kafka on the shore) of Haruki Murakami, On the road of Jack Kerouac, Partir of Ben Jelloun, Mon nom est rouge of Orhan Pamuk, or The Plot Against America of Philiph Roth, or something completely unpredictable, like happened quite often.

Finally, there might be one or two reports interesting from Paris. Yes, we will travel to Paris this month.

OK. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home