Faire une Pause - Timeout - Rehat

The blog contains mainly my reading activity, -- in broader sense, it includes watching film for example -- experience and my personal appreciation on what I read. Basically, I will read books in one of the three (so far) languages: Indonesian, English, French, then I will write the comment on other language than the text I read, at least I'll try to do so.

o

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Décembre: Demandez le programme

(picture is taken from amazon, a book of Alan Pierce, 2004. It is a book for children)

December. What is the program?
December is always an interesting month for reading. That might be the reason why the Pearl Harbor was attacked on the very beginning of December.
It is a holiday month, between December 25th until January 1st, and the night is so long. Time to read!
I have ordered two books of William Faulkner, Sanctuary and Requiem for a Nun. In the same order I added the Snow of Orhan Pamuk. I should have had them in the middle of the week of December.

First of all, Snow of Pamuk.
This book seems so great, everybody speaks about this. The writer himself was nominated for 2005 Nobel Prize. Lire magazine gave three stars and two pages of report for the book. It also obtained the prize of the best book in Frankfurt Book Meeting 2005. Finally, it won Medicis Etranger in France.
Still about the writer. Now, the writer is in a tribunal process for his critics on Kurdish massacre by the Turkish government. And, finally it might be, I am not sure though, an example of how the West wants to see the East.

Then, two books of Faulkner. It's been a long time I think of reading Faulkner, since having read Rose for Emily, to be more precise. Then, in the November edition of magazine-litteraire, I read that Patrick Besson was a great fan of Faulkner. But, that's not enough, I still didn't decide to start with Faulkner. What made I finally decided to start immediately with Faulkner was the program of Threatre National de Nice that will play Requiem for a Nun (Camus version) in January. I am not sure to go for that play, but that really makes me decide to go with Faulkner.

Now, what about the first two weeks? Well, I will first finish the Weyergans's Le Radeau de la meduse. Then, if the other book of Weyergans, Le Pitre, is available in our city library I will read that book. Otherwise, I will read any other available book of Weyergans in the library.

In the meantime, if I could finish Le Pitre before the arrival of my ordered books, I may read the Goncourt 2005 winner of Weyergans, Trois jours chez ma mere. My wife is interested in the book, and think that she will buy it.

And...., I haven't said my last words for Immanuel Kant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home