Faire une Pause - Timeout - Rehat

The blog contains mainly my reading activity, -- in broader sense, it includes watching film for example -- experience and my personal appreciation on what I read. Basically, I will read books in one of the three (so far) languages: Indonesian, English, French, then I will write the comment on other language than the text I read, at least I'll try to do so.

o

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Lire Magazine, October 2005


Magazine Lire or Reading is a French magazine about books to read and anything around, but mainly book reviews. The reviews are not only fiction book, but also humour, psychology, philosophy, history.Not limited to reviews, it also has a section on author, that's also interesting.

This October, I found from the magazine that the following books may be interesting:
French roman:

1. Les pays immobiles, Bayon.
2. Trois jours chez ma mere, Francois Weyergans.
English Roman:
1. Shalimar the Clown in English or Shalimar Le Clown in French, Salman Rushdie.
2. State of the Union or Les charmes discrets de la vie conjugale, Douglas Kennedy.
Foreign Roman, non English:
1. L'interieur de la nuit, Leonora Miano, a Cameroonian writer.
2. Neige, Orhan Pamuk, translated from Turkish from Kar.
Humour:
Kuru, Thomas Gunzig.
History
Goulag, une Histoire , translated from Gulag in English, Anne Applebaum.

What if I have to order on what I really want:
1. Kuru
2. L'interieur de la nuit
3. Shalimar the Clown
4. Les pays immobiles
5 Gulag

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home